I did most of my studying up for the luau by surfing the Web for
Hawaiian links. Here's a little bit of what I found:
- The home of the Internet Island. Fun things there, including
Big Luau and some fun recipes.
California Hawaiian Resources
- A really cool site with a full listing of local resources,
including businesses, performers, hula halau, and li'dat.
They also have a really good links page
of their own.
- Lots of links, nice indexing, and good search facilities.
- Planet Hawaii
- Culture, shopping, activities, live vidpix from Hawaii, you know,
da kine. A very pretty site. We got our
awesome red dirt tanktops
by way of Planet Hawaii.
- Hawaiian Style Links
- A small but interesting set of links.
- Hawaiian music and event listings for the SF Bay Area.
- Pidgin to da
- A great series of books. I saw them
on the web, bought the two pidgin books via 'net and Pupus to
da Max when I saw it at Myles'
store. They're great.
- Aloha from Hawaii
- An online Hawaii magazine. Shopping, links, calendar, articles,
quicktime movies, random beach, li'dat.
The recipe-related links are on the menu page.