I don't wanna pickle, just wanna ride my motorsickle.
Links for Women Bikers
- MotoMama Magazine!
- Don't miss this, it's TOO fun. They have a good page of
moto grrls too (I'm using that bitchin motogrrl graphic courtesy
- Women on Wheels
- I'm a member of the Bay
an obnoxious pop-up ad!) of this nationwide organization, founded in 1982. They
are co-sponsors, with the AMA,
of the Women & Motorcycling
- The Spokes-Women
- A women's moto club in New Jersey. Their motto is "We want to
change the way you think about Motorcycling". Fun site, recently
redone and looking VERY clean and professional.
- Leather & Lace
- Mostly Harley-oriented and charity-directed. Founded in 1983, when
there weren't a lot of women bikers...
- Katja Poensgen
- German Superstock Racer Grrrrrrl! Woohoo!
- Motorcycle Milk
- A really fun-looking bunch of Norwegian biker women. In Norway, they
spell it Motorsykkel... ;) Det er så bra! Anne, who runs their website
(you can check out her
personal page, if you can read Norse...) has also been a Virago rider;
she says she found her XV535 a fine bike for a beginning rider...
- Ridin' the Wind
- A women motorcyclists' e-zine. Much more polished now that they
have their own domain;
the links page
is still one of its best features. Highly recommended!
- Women's Motorcyclist
- "Women Riding for Research". These are the inspiring women
who do the Pony Express
Tour every two years for the Susan
G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. They had one in 1998, in which I
was honored to take part. I personally raised over $1500.00 in it;
I'm doing it again in 2000, and I've committed to raising $2000.
- Speaking of motorcycles and breast cancer, here's a very cool page
about a ride taken by Australian women who've had breast cancer. Same idea:
raise awareness; different continent.
- The Ebony
Queens Motorcycle Club
- The web presence of Michigan's EQMC, dedicated (among other things)
to promote active participation of women in motorcycling. Many links to
other women bikers pages, and moto-pages in general.
- Dianna's Women
& Sportbikes Page
- She's got some links I don't have... ;) There's actually getting to be
something of a proliferation of women's moto pages out there. I consider this
a Good Thing (TM).
- Women of the Road
- Check out this cool site, built around the eponymous book, by a sister
rider who says "I believe Women of the Road deserve the attention
and recognition due them. Magazines written to them. Biking products made
especially for them." It's a great ambition, and I'm all for it. I
hope to see more from her.
- WetLeather (TM)
- My favorite sleazy Pacific Northwest biker geek scum. Same as the mailing
list below. WetLeather is what you get when you ride in the rain...
- Ronnie Cramer's Motorcycle Web Index
- Great index of moto-related websites, nicely organized.
- Virago Owners Club
- Cool homepage of the VOC (I'm a member), with tech tips and all kindsa
stuff. There's also a homepage for the
my local chapter.
- A way cool idea. It's evolving into something useful, too.
Action Group (UK)
- British moto activism. And you thought American bikers had it bad!
- Cyber Cycle Magazine
- A really fine, complete magazine online; reviews, calendar, even a
(slighly peculiar) comic strip... Don't miss
motorcycle forums of its parent, MotorcycleWorld.com -- especially
the "Motorcycle Media and Women" forum!
- Moto Directory
- Index of brand-specific and general moto pages, parts, services, clubs,
shops, salvage yards, etc etc. Great shopping!
- Motorcycle Shopper Online
- Speaking of great shopping, here's a sort of online swap-meet. Classifieds,
bulletin-board stuff, etc.
- The Bavarian Illuminati
Motorcycle Cabal Homepage
- Two wheels good! Four wheels bad! M-O-T-O! Fnord. The first vehicle
to have an internal combustion engine was a motorcycle...
- Pluto's World Tattoo Tour
- Interesting site by a Canadian guy who's riding around the world on
a Harley-with-Sidehack doing tattoos and photos and adventurestuff. Check
- The Brit-Iron
- Includes pix of British motos, the lyrics to Richard Thompson's "Vincent
Black Lightning", archives of the Brit-Iron mailing list, and other
- San Diego Motorcylists
- The webmaster rides a Virago, just like me!
- Moto review archive
- Organized by marque and model. Includes pictures, similarly organized!
If you have a review to contribute, here's the
- The "Team Charm Motorcycle List": a huge (580+) listing of
shops, motorcycle manufacturers, publications, clubs, etc. Addresses and
phone numbers. REALLY useful.
- The homepage of a great British moto mailing list. Much more civilized
than rec.moto, but then, who's surprised? Rather less non-moto blather
than WetLeather, but the same sort of ambiance. This page has links to
some great articles of moto interest.
- International Brotherhood
of Motorcycle Campers
- Great resource for the touring/camping motorcyclist.
- Route 66
- And speaking of tours, here's the ultimate; a tour back in time, to
when you could still "get your kicks on Route 66"...
- Hideo Makino's
- If you ever wondered about all those Harleys you hear of exported to
Japan, check out this site; pix, guestbook, links, etc. He provides a
useful service too, in his listing of stolen bikes. Many of the pages
are in Japanese, but the enthusiasm comes through regardless...
Last updated: 24 Oct 2000